Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Translate

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Art Behind the photograph (Models) Part 5




(When someone has that magic I can always feel it. A person can bring so much to the table and be very creative without the photographer having to do anything, but take the pictures.)

I’ve had the pleasure of being the first professional photographer for many when it comes to creating something different. I consider myself an artist who takes pictures. I do a lot of experimentation with people, backdrops and lighting. I prefer natural lighting, but depending on the circumstances, studio lighting comes in handy. Natural lighting depends largely on the layout of the room. If there isn’t a lot of natural light coming in then you have to create the right atmosphere.

When it came to fashion, Ramsey and I had a lot in common. He taught me a few things and maybe I taught him something as well. Ramsey was somewhat shy. Instantly I saw something in him that he didn’t see in himself. It took me a while before I could persuade him to pose in front of my camera. I love the challenge of getting people to pose for me. It’s all part of the art. They usually don’t see themselves as photogenic. They all talk about not liking their photos, etc. It is my job to create an image that they will be proud of.
When I first met Ramsey I didn’t think we would be friends.. He was an acquaintance right from the beginning. We met one night to go to the movies to see Purple Rain. A group of friends got together as we often did back in the 80’s. My models and I were inseparable. It helps when some of them are also family.
The young lady I was going out with at the time, was gaga for Ramsey when she first saw him. We went out with the same girl for a period of time. When they had a conflict she’d come back to me when I wasn’t seeing anyone. She played us against each other, but our friendship remained in tact.

Although I thought Ramsey would have made a great runway model he never allowed me to promote him. He even moved to New York for a while, but we had lost touch and an opportunity slipped through our hands.
I  am really grateful he was a part of my life and I was able to create some great art.
It was 1985 when I first photographed Ramsey. I photographed him on four separate occasions. I had no doubt he would have had a great future in the industry, but his confidence wasn’t as strong or he just didn’t want it as much I did for him.

I had a tendency of pushing people to reach their full potential. It made me want to do more. I’ve slacked off some, but I feel myself pushing people again. I helps me motivate myself when I help others.
There are a lot of models that are no longer with me and so all I have are the memories. I am glad they were a part of my life even if it was for a short period of time. (May they rest in peace.)



A photographer can only do so much, but with the right model, art can be created.

Coming up: Simone, Ron M., Dlonzo Models, Wilbert, Ron C., Dino, Carolyn, C. S. Hall, The Nexx Fazz of models F.D. McDermott









Thanks for stopping by; and keep an open mind.

Check out some of my art at Bluecanvas.com/Oznol. Some of these are for sale. Remember Artist Trading Cards (ATC) are available simply by asking. Send an email with ATC in the subject and I can email one to you.

http://www.dlonzo-OpenYourMind.blogspot.com

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=58144381
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=54325957
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=54365247

While you’re here, why not become a follower (fan).
Taking it one day at a time and keeping the faith.

Check back and see where this journey leads. Check out the links below to my other blogs and videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmgUzGZGt98

The above link is a video for an organic flutist in New Orleans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hciIcHFm3Yw&NR=1

The above is a link of a performance from Oz in New Orleans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-qcybZsUzc

The above link is for a promo of a DJ in New Orleans.

http://www.myspace.com/darqueleight/music/songs/d-bohemian-31098704

Computer generated music.


No comments: