Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Translate

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Art behind the Photographs 2013

When my shift ended from my Job Sunday, I decided I would take some pictures. Here are some of the images that I created.

The above image is a view from the mall that was built along S. Lamar to cross Townlake. Joggers, cyclists and artists like myself can enjoy the scenery. Despite the fact that it was cold, the sun was shinning and for me that makes all the difference in the world. I'm guessing the same could be said for the hundreds of others that were out enjoying themselves. 
My shift ended at 2:30 PM and by the time I got my gear from the X, and waited for the traffic light to let me walk across the street, it was about 2:40 PM. I knew exactly where I wanted to stand because this was the same spot I used to capture the fireworks display on New Years Eve.

This image captures two friends fishing. I was trying to see if I could get my zoom to work on the camera. I had been having problems taking close up shots. If you look at the first image you can see the two men in their boat way off in the distance. So I did get the zoom to work. I think it has to do with the strength of the batteries. The zoom feature uses up a lot of battery power and when the batteries are low, the camera doesn't register the image and they appear to be out of focus.
I had to add a little eye candy... for people that don't really get into photography, this proves that you do like photography just on a different level. LOL This a great location for finding people as well as animals and other objects to photograph.

I took this picture in color and then I took it again in black and white. I've come to enjoy taking black and white photographs and since I can easily go from color to black and white with my digital camera I always take advantage of that feature. I have always had an eye for color and I can always tell if an image in color will look just as beautiful in black and white. I think the construction of these new downtown condos come across well.
Whether you like kayaking or rowing, there is something for everyone in Austin. From one side of the bridge I had people fishing and on the other side people learning to row.

I am pushing myself to get out and see more and more of Austin. The more I see the more I can introduce others too. It makes me feel good when I discover something that people who have been living in Austin much longer than I have don't quite know about. I get to pass along some vital information. I continue to meet new people and open myself up to new experiences.

This is where I spend my weekends. Working with actors, crew, orchestra and patrons coming to the theater to see the performances.

It was a great day to relax and read a book or like myself take pictures which is what he was doing before he decided to take a seat.

I will post more pictures and stories soon.

Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind.

http://dlonzo-OpenYourMind.blogspot.com




No comments: